THE MASTERS SCHOOL

  • 2017 AIA Westchester/Hudson Valley Citation

  • 2016 Learning by Design Citation of Excellence

Project Information

 

The Masters School
Dobbs Ferry, NY
  • ​​Campus Planning

  • Renovation

  • Transformation

  • New Construction / LEED Gold

  • Multiple Projects

Honors and Awards

 

The Masters School was founded in 1877 as a boarding school for girls. In 1996, the school became coeducational and embarked on a program of planning and expansion for its sloping, 96-acre site. Today, the school serves approximately 650 students in grades 5 through 12.

The following completed projects helped Masters transition successfully from an all-girls' school to a co-ed institution:

  • Upper School renovation and Middle School renovation/expansion to support Masters' pedagogical model of Harkness tables in all classrooms, for all subjects.

  • Morris Hall Science and Technology Building:  a new 21,000 sf Gothic Revival science and technology building which forms the edge to the campus' main quadrangle.

  • Strayer Hall:  New lockers facilities for male students

  • New Faculty Housing

  • Expanded Dormitories and a new Health Center