MARYVALE HALL at the COLLEGE OF MT. SAINT VINCENT
The Maryvale Communications building was formed by adding new, simple space to the original masonry laundry which served the Convent of the Sisters of Charity in the 19th century. The spaces in the building include television and radio studios, classrooms for communications instruction, and north-facing studios for the visual arts program.
1600 undergraduates attend the college and a significant number major in communications or the visual arts. This building was designed like an artist's loft space which is virtually indestructible. The subtlety of the design was to obtain west views of the Hudson River while capturing north light for the studios. The new Maryvale Hall, in combination with the original 1830 Castle and the 1880 Administration Building, forms the gateway to the “River Lawn,” the most significant outdoor space on this Hudson River campus.
College of Mt St Vincent